NFS-L Archives

April 2016

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2016 22:48:58 +0000

-----------
Arlene Spark, EdD, RD, FADA, FACN
Professor and MPH & DPH Nutrition Advisor
CUNY School of Public Health and Health Policy
<[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Szeliga, Patricia" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: April 26, 2016 at 9:20:28 PM GMT+1
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Looking for volunteers to assist Westchester Co. Dept of Seniors...

Good Afternoon, Arlene,

My name is Patty and I am Program Administrator with Westchester County Dept of Senior Programs and Services.  Each spring our department hosts the annual Salute to Seniors Business Expo and Health Fair held at the County Center.  And each spring, we reach out to the local internship programs and graduate programs to recruit volunteers for this day.

This year the event will be on Wednesday, May 4th from 9:30am to 2:30pm.  We are looking for student volunteers to assist with working at two nutrition education booths, lunch distribution and general help throughout the day.  We expect approximately 2,000 seniors and caregivers over the course of the day.  Volunteers get a great experience and a free lunch.

Please let me know if you could spread the word among your students or direct me to another contact at Hunter.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Patricia Szeliga, RDN, CDN
Program Administrator