NFS-L Archives

April 2024

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Diane Brows <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2024 18:59:40 +0000
Hello:

I am a former professor of nutrition and a graduate back in 1992 and I have a position available for a clinical nutritionist that I would like the graduate nutrition club members to be informed about.  Are you able to post it for them and to also put this on the list serv.? Let me know.

See job description below:

Lifeways Nutrition is a Center for Obesity , Binge Eating , and Medical Nutrition Therapy and Prevention

Part time - Clinical dietitian - per diem

1- 2 years one on one medical nutrition counseling experience; outpatient preferred;

3-4 days per week – 11-8pm weekdays and 9-5 pm on Saturdays/Sundays

We care for overweight and obese patients with a specific program based on the fields of nutrition and psychology. Our program is based on research out of St. Lukes metabolic unit that looked at the HOW of eating and its influences on how the body functions in relation to losing body fat. The behavioral component of our program focuses on the emotional side of eating and addressing all aspects of a patients life (body and mind) which results in a 76% success rate at 5 year follow ups.

The Lifeways Nutrition Program is seeking an experienced New York State Licensed, Certified Dietitian Nutritionists (CDN) to join the team. Website is lifewaysnutrition.com<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://lifewaysnutrition.com/__;!!PxiZbSOawA!N6UBv6GwBFAOLgG56SRc4ctDSEh8Ibid804mzm-vfSDxEy9B02zR0yGxCGjqMlzqy9bmV49ARSUwQRO-Q2zXkSGb-P5N7kAcLw$ >

Lifeways is looking for an experienced dietitian with at least 1 years experience providing individual nutrition counseling . The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of medical Nutrition Therapy for various disease states - hyperlipidemia, Type II diabetes, kidney disease, high blood pressure, digestive tract disorders etc. etc. This opportunity is located in a private office in the heart of Manhattan (Mid-town West). Preparation of an individualized menu is required.

DUTIES:
· Manage patient cases from beginning to goal weight using established treatment methods, which includes:
· Thorough patient evaluation
· Individualized treatment plan focused on normalizing brain and gut hormones.
· Counseling focused on enhancing motivation and behavior modification/change strategies
· Physical activity program
· Schedule patient appointments and keep clinic schedule updated
· Keep medical notes on each patient utilizing online patient database
· Respond to phone and email inquiries from potential patients and referral sources
· Participant in monthly clinical team meetings and weekly check in meetings.
· Research oriented
· Support Clinic Nutrition Manager and Psychologist with other duties, as needed

REQUIREMENTS:
· Must be a Registered Dietitian (RD) and/or State Certified in New York State (CDN)
· 1 year clinical/private practice experience a must
· MS degree in clinical nutrition a plus
· Obesity counseling experience a must
· English/Spanish a big plus but not required
· Proficient with ALL Microsoft Office programs (including EXCEL)
· Tech saavy re: use of apps./Google Chat/Google Meets and facetime
· Well organized with attention to details
Best
Deborah Cardile, MS CDN
Clinical Nutrition Manager
Lifeways Nutrition
1370 Broadway, 5th floor (west 36 and west 37th Street)
NY NY 10018
646-520-9751

https://hunter.listserv.cuny.edu/Scripts/wa-hc.exe?SUBED1=NFS-L