NFS-L Archives

December 2014

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Attiqa Mirza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2014 17:25:16 +0000

 JOB: Research Assistance/ Follow-Up Interviewer
(19 hrs/week)
                We are seeking an individual who will help us conduct interviews of over 3,000 World Trade Center responders enrolled in a study to track their cardiovascular health. This is a unique experience to participate in a large cardiovascular health study funded by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. Follow-up consists predominantly of telephone interviews, mailings, and the acquisition of medical records from various hospitals.

Recommended Requirements: We are looking for someone that meets the following criteria:

  1.  A friendly, patient, and articulate individual that feels comfortable conducting interviews on the telephone.
  2.  A medical background is not necessary, but an interest in public health, cardiovascular health or epidemiology is helpful.
  3.  Experience with data entry, working with confidential medical data, and/or using a FileMaker or similar database.
  4.  Organizational and office computer skills.
  5.  Ability to commute to Queens College 3 days /week.
Language Skills:

  1.  Spanish or Polish fluency are high desirable.
Major Tasks include:
-          Administering brief telephone interviews about the current health status of WTC responders.
-          Data entry using a FileMaker database.
-          Acquisition of medical records from local hospitals by fax, mail or in person.
-          Mailings, scanning, and organizational tasks.
Reports To: Individual will work collaboratively with two other interviewers and report to the Study Coordinator and Principal Investigator located at the Barry Commoner Center for Health and the Environment at Queens College  - http://commonercenter.org/

Hours:
We are seeking a part-time worker who can work 19 hrs/week.
Duration:
December/January – 1 year, potentially long longer
Salary:  17$/hour
Language Skills: Spanish or Polish speaking are encouraged to apply.
Contact: Please send a resume and brief cover letter to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. We are looking for someone to begin as soon as possible.