NFS-L Archives

September 2015

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 2015 20:38:27 +0000
Help us spread the word!

This 2015-16 school year, school lunch is free for students in NYC public middle schools. The CUNY community is full of parents, caregivers, recent K-12 graduates and service providers working across the city in our public schools, and we need your help to spread the word! Please share the attached flyer (in English and Spanish) with your networks.

For more information, contact your local middle school or visit Lunch4LearningNYC.org<http://Lunch4LearningNYC.org>.

Lunch 4 Learning is a broad, diverse coalition-based campaign that is working toward making free and healthy school meals available to all New York City public school students, regardless of income.

Universal free and healthy school meals eliminates the poverty stigma associated with school lunch and gets more students eating.  This will have a far reaching citywide impact on childhood hunger, public health and educational outcomes.

We are mobilizing organizations and individuals citywide to elevate this issue and focus the attention of the new Mayor, Chancellor and City Council Members to make this a food policy and educational priority.

Lunch for Learning is a campaign spearheaded by Community Food Advocates.

--

Ashley Rafalow, MPH, CPH

Director, Operations and Communications

NYC Food Policy Center at Hunter College

CUNY School of Public Health

2180 Third Avenue @ 119th Street, Ste. 525

www.nycfoodpolicy.org<http://www.nycfoodpolicy.org>

212.396.7744