NFS-L Archives

December 2014

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2014 15:26:05 +0000

SNAP-Ed Connection<http://snap.nal.usda.gov/> is excited to announce the release of MyPlate for My Family: SNAP Nutrition Education, an updated educational kit and replacement for the nutrition education curriculum Loving Your Family, Feeding Their Future.

MyPlate for My Family<http://snap.nal.usda.gov/resource-library/nutrition-education-materials-fns/myplate-my-family> is a MyPlate resource offered especially for SNAP-Ed nutrition education and obesity prevention efforts based on recommendations from the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. It is designed for parents and caregivers who are SNAP participants or people eligible for SNAP who play a key role in planning, purchasing and preparing food for their families. These materials can also be used in other settings with similar target audiences, such as the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC); the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP); and National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs.

The Toolkit includes educator and participant resources to assist community providers, educators, and professionals in their efforts to improve eating and physical activity behaviors. Participant handouts are available in both English and Spanish.

The curriculum is currently available for digital download<http://snap.nal.usda.gov/resource-library/nutrition-education-materials-fns/myplate-my-family> at the SNAP-Ed Connection. Print copies may become available in the future. To receive SNAP-Ed Connection news, including an announcement if print copies of MyPlate for My Family become available, please subscribe to the e-Bulletin<http://eepurl.com/w9cDP>.

Jennifer M. Anderson, MSPH, RD

Team Lead, SNAP-Ed Connection<http://snap.nal.usda.gov/>

National Agricultural Library | USDA | 301.504.6321