NFS-L Archives

December 2014

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2014 23:24:33 +0000

________________________________
From: Elizabeth Valentin [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2014 4:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: Elizabeth Valentin
Subject: Follow up for 12/3 FMW call

Dear All,

Thank you to everyone who was able to make the Food Marketing Workgroup call Wednesday. As promised, below are some follow up materials:

•        Please find the study Punam discussed, “Child-Directed Marketing Inside and on the Exterior of Fast Food Restaurants,” attached
•        NANA’s “Healthy Meeting Toolkit” can be accessed here: http://cspinet.org/nutritionpolicy/Healthy-Meeting-Toolkit.pdf
•        CSPI’s Vending Study “Vending Contradictions” can be accessed here: http://cspinet.org/vendingcontradictions.pdf
•        Additional resources on food service guidelines can be found at
o        CSPI’s Healthier Food Choices for Public Places page: http://cspinet.org/nutritionpolicy/foodstandards.html
o        Change Lab Solution’s Understanding Healthy Procurement page: http://changelabsolutions.org/publications/healthy-procurement
o        and Change Lab Solution’s Healthier Vending for Municipalities page:
http://changelabsolutions.org/publications/healthier-vending-municipalities
•        Rudd’s recent “Sugary Drink F.A.C.T.S.” report can be accessed here: http://www.sugarydrinkfacts.org/
•        CSPI’s Check Out Study “Sugar Overload” can be accessed here: http://cspinet.org/sugaroverload.pdf
o        Please tweet at Bed Bath and Beyond “Please @BedBathBeyond, healthy eating is hard enough. Don’t sell candy at checkout. #SugarOverload”

Also, we wanted to provide the dates for some of the events mentioned at the end of the call:

•        The webinar on the upcoming HER definitions will be on 12/15 from 2 to 2:45 pm ET and the tweet chat will be from 1-2 pm ET on 12/16.
•        Our next #FoodFri tweetchat will be fruit snacks and will take place 1/30/15 from 1-2 pm ET.

Thank you,

Liz Valentin
Nutrition Policy Coordinator
Center for Science in the Public Interest
1220 L Street NW, Suite 300
Washington DC 20005
tel 202 777 8352
fax 202 265 4954