PREBUSINESS-L Archives

February 2014

PREBUSINESS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Shoki Se <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Announcements for students exploring business careers and graduate schools <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2014 02:56:33 +0000
I'm looking to hire two people for my Paid Search team - job description below.  We are the SmarterTravel division of TripAdvisor, located at North Station in Boston.  Feel free to forward this to anyone you think may be a good fit.  Resumes can be sent to me directly at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Search Marketing Analyst

We’re looking for someone who likes to solve puzzles. Someone who wants to be challenged by complex math- and data-oriented issues, who can analyze a problem, recommend a fix, and execute on that solution. We want someone who’s willing to take risks that will directly affect the company’s bottom line.

At Smarter Travel, the SEM team is relied upon to manage hundreds of millions of keywords that bring thousands of consumers to our family of sites each day. In this role, you will build paid search marketing campaigns; design and implement tests that experiment with new strategies; and compile analyses to deliver improvements. You must be a fast thinker who adapts quickly to new information. We have the unique advantage of having dedicated, in-house developers, allowing you to quickly innovate and execute solutions.

This is a vital role in a growing company, and you’ll join a tight-knit group working together to grow our portfolio of brands, which include media and e-commerce travel websites. This means we’re looking for a good collaborator and communicator; someone who can work independently but with a team-first attitude.

Core Responsibilities:

•         Build online marketing campaigns for travel-consumer websites with a primary focus on paid search marketing
•         Design, implement, and analyze experiments testing optimization theories, including changes in bidding strategies, keyword discovery, and creative enhancements
•         Collaborate with engineering and product teams to drive overall program and SEM toolset improvements
•         Collect and share data, findings, and trends with the wider team
•         Analyze data and strategies to identify, quantify and execute long-term, sustainable growth opportunities

Requirements

•         2+ years (4+ years for the Senior Analyst) experience with search engine marketing OR demonstrated background in business analysis/consulting, mathematics, statistics, computer science, or other quantitative field
•         Demonstrated analytic and problem-solving skills
•         Proficiency with Excel, Access, or SQL

The Ideal Candidate …

•         Thrives on solving problems and is self-motivated
•         Loves formulating hypotheses and drawing conclusions based on data
•         Meets deadlines consistently and delivers
•         Possesses a genuine curiosity about how consumers make decisions
•         Enjoys working on a team and can build and develop effective relationships
•         Wants direct ownership of projects that impact the company’s bottom line
•         Recognizes one’s own strengths and weaknesses

Smarter Travel, a TripAdvisor, Inc company, is part of the TripAdvisor Media Group and a leader in the growing online travel market. We offer consumers a portfolio of travel sites that provide great ways for travelers to find the right trip at the right price. As a company, we are a small group of passionate professionals with the energy of a start-up and the stability of a profitable enterprise.

At Smarter Travel, we hire people with whom we really want to work. Sure, everyone is intelligent and hard-working, but they're also friendly and fun. We always push ourselves to do better, but we also go out for drinks or change into sneakers and go for a run after work. We believe working with people you like goes a long way toward actually liking your work.    __,_._,___