PREBUSINESS-L Archives

June 2013

PREBUSINESS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Shoki Se <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Announcements for students exploring business careers and graduate schools <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 2013 16:32:52 +0000
Hello Everyone,
I wanted to introduce myself as the new Pre-Business Advisor managing the Leon Cooperman Scholarship and Pre-Business Programs going forward. I know that Grace Trewartha has left some big shoes behind to fill, so I will do my best to help those of you who are interested in pursuing a career in business, whether you already know what your dream job is or are just starting to explore career options. Like Grace I have an MBA from Harvard Business School, and have worked in a variety of industries over the years, from start ups (Gilt Groupe, Priceline) to tech/media (Reuters) to retail (Limited Brands, Federated) to Wall Street (Merrill Lynch, Credit Suisse) - So I hope to be a useful resource for you all, whether you are actively internship/job hunting, thinking about starting a business or applying to business school, or just want to learn more about the business world.

Office Hours:
Starting after Labor Day, I will usually be in the office Wednesday afternoons + Friday mornings. You are welcome to book an appointment or just stop by. I will also be available for phone appointments every day of the week starting in the fall, including evenings.

During the months of July and August I will technically be on maternity leave, but will be checking my email.

Contact Info:
The best way to reach me is via email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  I will also be reachable in the office on Wednesdays and Fridays at 212.772.4825 when I'm back in the office post Labor Day.

Calendar:
I will post a complete schedule of events for the 2013-2014 academic year in the fall. In the meantime, please keep a lookout for announcements about these upcoming events:

*         Early September - Applications open for the Leon Cooperman Scholarship Program.

*         Early September - Online survey to find out which industries, companies, and business topics interest you the most. The program calendar and activities will be planned around your specific business interests, so make sure your opinion counts!

*         Mid-Late September - Pre-Business Open House Event

*         Mid-Late September - Cooperman Scholars get together

Enjoy your summer, and I look forward to meeting all of you soon!

Sandra Shih (Shoki Se)
Pre-Business Advisor
Hunter College E1004
(212) 772.4825

If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREBUSINESS-L List, please send an E-mail to:
"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREBUSINESS-L".