PREMEDINFO-L Archives

April 2016, Week 1

From:
Kemile A Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2016 21:25:06 +0000

View this email in a web browser.<http://www.optometry.iu.edu/doc/htmlemail/iusoemail.shtml>

[Visit the Indiana University website.]<http://www.iu.edu/>

INDIANA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF OPTOMETRY<http://www.optometry.iu.edu>

[School of Optometry Building-Bloomington Campus.]

Discover why the Indiana University
School of Optometry is right for you.

You recently downloaded the True Stories booklet from the Association of Schools & Colleges of Optometry<http://www.opted.org/> (ASCO) website.  We appreciate your interest in becoming an optometrist and invite you to find out more about our optometry program!

The Indiana University School of Optometry, (IUSO) was established in 1951. Since this time the IUSO has received national recognition for its preeminence in optometric education. Our faculty are nationally and internationally renowned. Students are able to interact with our faculty in several different settings, including the classroom, lab, research, and through participating in professional organizations.

Because we are a premier university based optometry school, at IUSO you will benefit from the experience of an educational team delivering the full spectrum of what optometry is today and what it will be tomorrow-excellent clinical training, advanced specialty care, and cutting edge vision science and research.

Visit our website to learn more or to apply<http://optometry.iu.edu/admissions/apply/doctor-optometry/index.shtml>

Applications<http://www.optomcas.org/> will be accepted from July 1 until January 15. You should attend and complete the required prerequisite<http://www.optometry.iu.edu/admissions/apply/doctor-optometry/prerequisites.shtml>s at an accredited institution, but there is no required undergraduate degree.

IUSO is located in the heart of Bloomington<http://www.visitbloomington.com/>, which is a small city nestled in the rolling hills of Southern Indiana, with cultural resources and opportunities that rival cities many times its size. Come see for yourself why Travel & Leisure magazine<http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/weekender-bloomington-indiana> says, "Bloomington has the soul of a big city, but the heart of a much smaller town."

[What matters. Where it matters.]

[Post to Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/iuoptometry>

[Post to Twitter]<https://twitter.com/IU_Optometry>

[Email IUSO]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Share this email with a friend<mailto:?subject=IU%20School%20of%20Optometry%20Information&body=Here%20is%20some%20information%20on%20Indiana%20University%20School%20of%20Optometry,%20http://www.optometry.iu.edu/doc/htmlemail/iusoemail.shtml%20and%20I%20thought%20I%20would%20share%20it%20with%20you.>

Indiana University School of Optometry<http://www.optometry.iu.edu/>
800 E. Atwater Ave. | Bloomington, Indiana 47405 | (812) 855-1917<tel:+18128551917>

If unable to view the above email, please click http://www.optometry.iu.edu/doc/htmlemail/iusoemail.shtml to view in a web browser.

Indiana University
School of Optometry
Office of Student Administration