PREMEDINFO-L Archives

February 2017, Week 1

From:
Kemile A Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2017 17:49:25 +0000
Greetings from St. George's University!  My name is Erin O'Brien and I'm the Assistant Director of Admissions for St. George's University.  I hope all is well and your Spring semester is off to a great start.  I just wanted to reach out and let you know about an upcoming event for St. George's University which will be held on February 16th in New York City.  This event, known as "Face to Face", will be a brand new type of event for SGU.  Besides the typical Power Point presentation we will have many different resources available for prospective students.  Here is just a brief description of what we will have available for those in attendance.

•        Medical School Presentation - Our Dean of Enrolment Planning will be giving a brief overview of our MD program followed by a Q & A with Admissions and Graduates of the MD program

•        Veterinary School Presentation - There will be a brief overview of our fully accredited DVM program followed by a Q & A with Admissions and Graduates of the DVM program

•        In person interviews - Those who are at the interview stage of the application process will have the chance to conduct their interview with our trained graduate interviewers.

•        Student life in Grenada - We will have recent graduates of SGU present to answer any questions you might have about student life in Grenada.  They can help you with everything from what their favorite food was to what was the most effective way to study.  Many attendees find speaking with graduates the best part of our information sessions. Financial Aid and representatives from our Summer Academy will also be present.

•        Document Review from Admissions - We will have Admissions counselor or advisors present to help you with any admissions questions you might have.  Feel free to bring your documents (transcripts, resumes, etc) for immediate review.  Get advice on how to strengthen your application to ensure you would be a competitive applicant.

Please refer to the event details below:

Thursday 2/16/17

6:30pm - 9:30pm

FACE TO FACE Information Session

Medicine and Veterinary Medicine

The Westin New York at Times Square

270 W 43rd Street, 9th Floor

New York, NY

*light refreshments will be served*

Those interested in attending can sign up by clicking here <http://www.sgu.edu/future-students/information-session-form.html> for a link to our registration page.  Signing up in advance is encouraged but walk ins are also welcome.

Keep an eye out on our website <http://www.sgu.edu/future-students/university-open-house.html> for additional information as it becomes available.  Feel free to share this on social media as well.

Sincerely,

Erin O'Brien

Assistant Director of Admission, Northeast United States

USS on behalf of St. George's University

Grenada, West Indies

St. George’s University

c/o University Support Services, LLC

The North American Correspondent

3500 Sunrise Highway, Building 300

Great River, New York 11739

1-800-899-6337 ext  1241

1-631-665-8500 ext  1241

We'd like very much to meet with you face to face so that we can get to know you better!  Please just call or write if you want to meet.