PREMEDINFO-L Archives

November 2007, Week 1

From:
"L.Wood-Hill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L.Wood-Hill
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2007 11:17:35 -0500
FYI

From: Suman Saran [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 5:09 PM
To: L. Wood-Hill
Subject: Volunteer Opportunity at NYU South Asian Health Initiative

Dear Ms. Wood-Hill,
I would appreciate it if you would please forward this to the pre-med
listserve. I am putting together a bank of bilingual volunteers for a South
Asian public heath project at NYU and think that Hunter has a valuable
student base. Thanks,

Best,
Suman Saran

Volunteer Opportunity at NYU South Asian Health Initiative

The NYU School of Medicine's Center for Immigrant Health is currently
seeking volunteers for its South Asian Health Initiative (SAHI). SAHI
engages in diverse community-based research and education activities to
bridge South Asians in the United States with the health care system, and to
reduce the health care disparities faced by community members.

Currently, SAHI is coordinating a large-scale, National Institute of
Health-funded study titled South Asians Engaging in Heart Disease Awareness
and Treatment (SAEHAT). We are seeking volunteers to participate in
conducting blood pressure screenings and recruiting participants into the
study at outreach events located throughout NYC. For more information,
please visit: http://www.med.nyu.edu/sahi/.

We invite individuals fluent in a South Asian language, particularly Hindi,
Urdu, and Punjabi, to volunteer their time for SAEHAT outreach events.  If
interested, contact Suman Saran, Program Coordinator, at
[log in to unmask] Please include a resume or brief description of prior
experience in public health research/community-based work with South Asians
in NYC.

--
Suman Saran
(516) 610-4427