PREMEDINFO-L Archives

April 2008, Week 1

From:
"L.Wood-Hill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L.Wood-Hill
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2008 11:52:56 -0400

This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who is premed or prehealth.  You
should check with the study-abroad office to see if you may qualify for
funds to make this a possibility.  Honors College students can check to see
if they can use this opportunity with their funds.  See their website for
more information  <http://www.somoshermanos.org%20> www.somoshermanos.org .
DEADLINE IS NEXT FRIDAY, APRIL 11TH.

Program Description

Our students live in Quetzaltenango (Xela), Guatemala for 6 months. Through
intensive Spanish courses, lecture series, socially and culturally relevant
volunteer projects, and weekly activities, our students gain the language
capability and cultural competency desperately needed to serve marginalized,
Spanish-speaking Latino populations.

  _____

Dear Pre-Health Advisors,

The University of Southern California Somos Hermanos Student Immersion
Program is currently accepting applications for both its July - December
2008 and the January - June 2009 program sessions.  The goal of our program
is to increase the number of bilingual and culturally competent health care
providers in the U.S. through an intensive language and culture immersion
experience based in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala.

Students from any university who are between undergraduate and graduate
school in the health care professions (e.g. medicine, nursing, dentistry,
public health, etc...) are eligible to participate in this program.  We
would appreciate it if you would take the time to review our website and
send our interest e-mail (below) to any students whom you think would be
interested in participating in the upcoming or future sessions.  If you have
any questions, please feel free to e-mail us.

Application deadline for both sessions is Friday, April 11th, 2008

We hope to hear from you soon,

Joe Herrold and Elise Wach, Directors

USC Somos Hermanos

Student Immersion Program

 <http://www.somoshermanos.org%20> www.somoshermanos.org

  _____

If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".