PREMEDINFO-L Archives

September 2015, Week 3

From:
Kemile A Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 2015 14:29:46 +0000
Hello Hunter Pre-Health Community,

Hunter Health, a blog dedicated to all things Pre-Health at Hunter College, is now accepting applications for editing and writing positions for the new school year. The blog has been around for two years, and is gearing up for an all-new year with all-new people!

As an online collaboration of dedicated Hunter pre-health students, they seek to educate themselves and their peers about how to be a successful pre-health student at Hunter. Many times there is a large focus on students who want to be physicians, but there are other types of healthcare careers including nursing, dentistry, and physical therapy among other things. This website exists as a resource for students who want to be all kinds of future healthcare providers.

Besides being a resource for pre-health students, we hope the blog will also be a resource for the entire Hunter student body. There is great scientific research that is being done that most people don't know about. There are important issues in health that students need to know about in order to properly take care of themselves in stressful college environments. As future healthcare providers, whether we become doctors or physical therapists, our jobs will consist of not only taking care of other people but also teaching them how to care of themselves.

We want to grow this website as much as possible. We want it to have informative and interesting content. We want people to be excited by it, but we can't do it on our own. In order to make it a success, we need people who are passionate about healthcare and who want to create a lasting legacy. With a lot of hard work and some luck, Hunter Health will exist long after we all become healthcare professionals.

If you have friends who you think would like to be a part of Hunter Health, please feel free to forward this email to them.

Please contact Elizabeth Gorodetsky, Editor-In-Chief, with any questions and/or suggestions that you may have at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

If any Hunter pre-health alumni wish to write/edit for the site, please email us and apply as well. They will work on a specific portion of the website called "Alumni Corner".

Attached is the list of positions available to apply for.

Here is the link to the application:

http://goo.gl/forms/Sl4cJtC6pi

Here is the link to the blog:

http://ahealthyhunter.wordpress.com/

DUE DATE TO APPLY IS OCTOBER 9th!

Here's to lots of success!

--

All the best,

Elizabeth Gorodetsky, Jonathan Ramirez, Nayab Khan, Hector Moran, Lawrence Yelkin, David Castro

The Pre-Health Organization

Contact Us:

Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/huntercollegeprehealth

Email:

Room:

Thomas Hunter Hall Room 112

Symplicity

https://hunter-community.symplicity.com/index.php?au=&ck=

Group Name: Pre-Health Organization at Hunter College