PREMEDINFO-L Archives

November 2014, Week 1

From:
Kemile A Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2014 16:45:04 +0000
Hi all,

I contacted ADEA about possible changes to the DAT in 2015, and I was asked to share the following information with you:

2015 Changes to Quantitative Reasoning Test (QRT) Specifications

In order to enhance testing of critical thinking skills, the detailed specifications of the Quantitative Reasoning Test (QRT) are being changed as follows:

          New:   Data Analysis, Interpretation, and Sufficiency; and Quantitative Comparison (includes, but is not limited to, conversions; probability and statistics; geometry; and trigonometry)

The QRT will still contain 40 questions in total.

These changes will be implemented during Calendar Year 2015.

2015 Changes to Biology Test Specifications

The Biology specifications will change slightly in 2015 as follows:

          New:   Biomolecules - within Cell and Molecular Biology

Relationships - within Diversity of Life

          Experimental embryology will be removed from Developmental Biology.

          Cladistics will be removed from Evolution, Ecology, and Behavior.

Biology will still contain 40 questions in total.

These changes will be implemented during Calendar Year 2015.