PREMEDINFO-L Archives

May 2017, Week 4

From:
Kemile A Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2017 14:16:39 +0000
ULTRASOUND MODEL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
May 31 (12-2 pm) and/or
June 15-16 (12:30-5pm)

Emergency Medicine Faculty @ NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell (69th St and York)

Interested volunteers should email Dr. Sophia Lin directly at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Point-of-care-ultrasound is rapidly becoming an indispensable tool in managing patients in many specialties, and modeling for the course is a fun, mellow way to get some exposure to how we use ultrasound to take care of patients in the emergency department.

We are looking for volunteers for 2 events:

1. Emergency Medicine Faculty Development Ultrasound Session
We looking for 1-2 male volunteers from 12-2 pm on Wednesday, May 31.

2. Emergency Medicine Residency Ultrasound Workshop
On Wednesday June 15-Thursday June 16, we're holding our annual EM residency ultrasound course at Cornell. We'll have lectures in the morning and hands-on small group sessions in the afternoon.

I'm emailing to see if anyone is available to volunteer as an ultrasound model for the small group sessions, 12:30-5 pm each day. We'll need 7 models for each day, and we'll be ultrasounding veins, hearts, lungs, abdomens, legs, and eyes. You can pick which station you want to model for and if there's a particular part of you you're not comfortable having ultrasounded, that's totally fine. All models are welcome to attend morning lectures.

Please let me know if you have any questions or are available to volunteer.

Thank you very much.

Best,
Sophia

Sophia Lin, MD, RDMS
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and Emergency Medicine
Director of Emergency Ultrasound
Weill Cornell Medical College