PREMEDINFO-L Archives

May 2008, Week 2

From:
"L.Wood-Hill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L.Wood-Hill
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2008 17:03:30 -0400
I would like to keep better track of where students have gone when they
graduate, especially as you each go onto medical, dental, pharmacy, graduate
etc. training and what majors you've had while here at Hunter. To do this I
thought it would be fun to develop a photo album which would be available to
me and to all of you, but that I won't make public. (Each of us would have
an access code to enter the site).  I think that this will help faculty when
you are asking for those pesky evaluations (it will jog their memories
better) and when you apply to schools and begin interviewing I will be able
to hopefully "match" you with a former Hunter student in attendance at that
institution! The applying student may gather insights into the program and
interviewing process by these first-hand accounts, and often find a place to
stay as well. Those alumni who don't want to be contacted could have a
"privacy" mode on their contact information.  I have had great success with
evaluations coming back quickly and with well thought out comments when
students submit evaluations with their pictures on them.  If anyone is
really computer savvy we could try and scan your pictures onto the
evaluation sheets in advance for you thus giving you personalized evaluation
sheets to hand out to faculty.  I would like to begin this as soon as
possible; this would be especially useful for those of you who will be
applying next year as you need passport photos for the secondary
applications to medical schools anyway.  Let me know what you think and if
you would like to participate just send me a picture with your name, major
and career goal.  If you have already graduated or will be attending a
health professions school this year, please include this information as
well.

L.Wood-Hill

Director, Prehealth Professions Programs

Hunter College of CUNY

695 Park Ave, E812

NY, NY 10021

212-772-5244/5242

FAX: 212-772-5138

http://studentservices.hunter.cuny.edu/prehealth.htm

Join the premed listserv!

http://hunter.listserv.cuny.edu

If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".