PREMEDINFO-L Archives

February 2009, Week 1

From:
"L.Wood-Hill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L.Wood-Hill
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2009 10:02:08 -0500
FYI

  _____

From: Dan Chan [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 1:29 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Prehealth Student $10,000 Essay Compeition - MD Connector and Mayo
Clinic - Due March 9, 2009

Dear Prehealth Student Advisor,

My name is Dan Chan and I am currently a second year medical student at Mayo
Medical School and also a co-founder of MD Connector, a news and networking
site for  medical doctors, medical students, and premedical students.  We
are excited to announce MD Connector's partnership with Mayo Clinic in
sponsoring a health education reform essay contest (details as attached).
This competition is open to all premedical, medical, and allied-health
students in the United States and Canada and is free to enter.  Over $10,000
of cash and travel prizes are being awarded as well as the opportunity for
finalists to present at the 2009 Health Care Education Symposium in
Rochester, MN on April 26-28, 2009.  As our submission deadline of March 9,
2009  is quickly approaching I would ask you to please forward this on to
your premedical students as soon as possible, as we believe that they will
find this opportunity very worthwhile.  If you have colleagues in allied
health professions (nursing, MHA, MPH, etc) we would appreciate it if you
could also pass this message along.  We look forward to the participation of
your students and wish them luck,

Sincerely,

Dan Chan

The MD Connector Team in partnership with Mayo Clinic Health Policy Center

 <http://www.mdconnector.org> http://www.mdconnector.org

507-316-0396

<http://www.mdconnector.org/news/md-connector-launches-2009-health-education
-reform> MD Connector Launches $10,000 Competition on Health Education
Reform in partnership with Mayo Clinic

MD Connector in partnership with Mayo Clinic Health Policy Center is pleased
to announce open registration for the MD Connector 2009 National Competition
on Health Education Reform.  This essay competition is open to premedical,
medical, and allied health students to stimulate thought, discussion, and
innovation on health education reform.  Over $10,000 in cash, travel, and
registration prizes will be awarded to competition finalists, as well as the
opportunity to present at the 2009 Health Care Education Symposium at Mayo
Clinic, Rochester, MN April 26-28, 2009.  This invitation-only event of
national healthcare leaders will be the venue of finalist judging and
discussion of proposed ideas.  We welcome you to
<http://www.mdconnector.org/2009-competition> find out more at
<http://www.mdconnector.org> http://www.mdconnector.org about this unique
opportunity.  Essay submissions are due by March 9, 2009.

The prompt for the competition is as follows:

In order to create a health care workforce equipped to provide a high-value
team approach to coordinated, patient-centered health care, what is the most
important change required of the health care education system?

If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".