PREMEDINFO-L Archives

January 2018, Week 1

From:
Kemile A Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2018 16:25:58 +0000
 Do you want to inspire students?

Enjoy working with youth?

Do/Did you love your college experience?

Are you a first generation student?

Pathway to Purpose has teamed up with New York City Department Of Education junior high schools to host the 2018 College Access for All: College Awareness Day!!!

College Awareness Day will take place on January 11th and January 12th. Volunteers can sign up for either days or both! Volunteers will receive a $25 gift card at the end of the event.

The events will take place in the Bronx at 4 middle schools during 8am- 2pm. A middle school location will be assigned once volunteers confirm.

This New York Citywide event was designed to create a greater and more equitable opportunity for New York City public school students. This initiative focuses on college preparedness which is at the center of my organization, Pathway to Purpose. It will be a day of games, trivia, and guest speakers.

Pathway to Purpose offers a full range of personalized developmental and pre- college support services to empower staff, teachers, students and families with the critical tools and action steps needed to prepare students for college and career readiness. We host, student workshops, parent workshops, college trips, and many other college services!

The entire 7th grade class will be joining us at 4 participating junior high schools. All schools are located in the Bronx, NY.

Volunteers are needed to make sure these events run smoothly and efficiently. We appreciate you!

Responsibilities:

-         Distribute “ I Can Go To College” Stickers

-         Cheer Students as they enter the auditorium

-         High five students

-         Remain at assigned station for games

-         Collect raffles for prizes

-         Conduct games

-         Distribute small prizes

-         Help with the setup and breakdown of event

-         Other responsibilities as requested

TO RSVP Email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> today!

Information to be included in your email:

Full Name:

Phone Number:

Email:

College/University You Currently Attend/Attended:

Best Phone Number:

Preferred Day AND Time To Be Contacted:

Thank you!

​--