PREMEDINFO-L Archives

September 2014, Week 1

From:
Kemile A Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2014 14:18:58 +0000
Over the last several months we have created several free resources on the updated 2015 MCAT exam. Please feel free to share these with your students if appropriate.

  *   Click here<http://nextsteptestprep.com/2014/08/25/2015-mcat-question-content-infographic/> to see an inforgraphic we created that breaks down the science sections of the new MCAT by topic and concept. Students can easily see what is tested and how many questions to expect on each topic.
  *   510 is the new 30? Part of the MCAT test change is a drastically different scoring scale.  Click here<http://nextsteptestprep.com/2014/05/09/mcat-2015-510-is-the-new-30/> to learn what it will take to break past 510.
  *   The MCAT is adding a brand new section and is almost doubling in length.  That much of a change necessitates a different plan when it comes to pre-requisite course work.  We have examined the new test content and other information provided by the AAMC and have come up with the following recommendations<http://nextsteptestprep.com/2014/04/03/mcat-2015-what-classes-should-i-take/>.
  *   The Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills section of the test isn't changing much, but it will still likely be the most difficult section of the test for many students. Bryan Schnedeker Next Step's Academic Director and MCAT expert, put together a great 90 minute video course that provides an introduction to the section and lays out important basic strategy for the section.  You can check out this great resource by clicking here.<http://nextsteptestprep.com/mcat_verbal/>
If you have any questions about these resources.  Or if you would like to set up some time to talk in more detail about Next Step Test Prep please let me know.

Toll-Free: 888-530-NEXT