PREMEDINFO-L Archives

January 2016, Week 2

From:
Kemile A Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 2016 15:21:21 +0000
Volunteers,

If you are interested in Home Fire Preparedness, some slots have opened for training (you're free to attend any open event, just shoot us an email of which one you attended or submit your hours on volunteer connections)

Saturday, Jan. 30th: Join the #GetAlarmedNYC campaign to help save lives by attending a Home Fire Safety Academy , Volunteers can sign up here<https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=vms_registration_view&registration_type_id=5228>

Our club officers will be attending the January 30th slot, 10am to 12pm. You are free to join us!

Volunteer hours will be given for the training!

Name:

Home Fire Safety Academy: Level I Training

Start Date and Time:

Saturday Jan 30, 2016 10:00 AM

End Date and Time:

Saturday, Jan 30, 2016 12:00 PM

This training will cover:

·         An overview of the Get Alarmed NYC/Home Fire Preparedness Campaign

·         Review of basic Home Fire Safety

·         Review of all technician roles: Educator, Documenter, & Installer

·         Practice and demonstrations related to the above roles

Attendees can expect to leave with a clear sense of each of the above roles, knowledge about Home Fire Safety, tips for using drills and installing alarms, and a handy Training Brief.

Location:

Greater New York Chapter Headquarters

520 West 49th Street

New York NY 10019

View Map<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=520%20West%2049th%20Street,%20New%20York,%20NY%2010019>

Attendee List:

David, Jerome

Best,

The American Red Cross at Hunter College