PREMEDINFO-L Archives

September 2007, Week 2

From:
"L.Wood-Hill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L.Wood-Hill
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 11:20:12 -0400

  _____

Please see below, I thought that some of the more research oriented premeds
might be interested.

From: [log in to unmask]

Subject: Frontiers in Science Symposium

Dear Colleague:

This is a particularly exciting time for the research and training community
at Sloan-Kettering. Major expansions of our facilities and faculty continue
to bring outstanding scientists to our campus to study the biological
sciences through the lens of cancer. The goal of the Gerstner
Sloan-Kettering Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (GSK) is to train a
cadre of outstanding scientists to exploit new advances and developing
fields in biomedical sciences and apply their training directly to advancing
the understanding of human disease.

On October 26, 2007, GSK is sponsoring a symposium, Frontiers of Science at
GSK, for undergraduate students who are considering a career in biomedical
sciences. We hope to provide a snap-shot of the incredible opportunities
that exist for them. They will

*	Enjoy research talks from our world-renowned faculty
*	Meet the leaders of the school
*	Meet the graduate students
*	Visit and learn about our excellent core facilities

Please share this information (and attached announcement) with those
students who you think will be interested in this exciting opportunity.

Students will be able to register for the symposium (free of charge) on our
website ( <http://www.sloankettering.edu> www.sloankettering.edu). The
deadline for registration is October 15, 2007.

The preliminary schedule for the day is

11.00am - 12noon        Meet the Deans and learn about GSK
12noon to 1.00pm        Lunch with current graduate students
1.00pm to 1.30pm        Harold Varmus, President of Memorial Sloan-Kettering
Cancer Center
1.45pm to 3.15pm        Research talks by our faculty
3.30pm to 4.30pm        Tours of some of our core facilities
4.30pm                  Wrap-up

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like additional
information.

Sincerely,

C. Gita Bosch
Associate Dean

If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".