PREMEDINFO-L Archives

November 2014, Week 4

From:
Kemile A Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 15:21:05 +0000
If you are interested in attending this event, please email our office with your contact details. This event will be held at  Albert Einstein College of medicine.

We are excited to announce an upcoming faculty panel: Research in the Fight for Global Health Justice, featuring Einstein's faculty researchers and physicians that specialize in neglected tropical diseases and global health. This panel will be on Tuesday December 2nd at 6:30 PM in the Forchheimer 3rd floor lecture hall, dinner will be provided!

Our panelists will be engaging in a discussion about the state of research in global health. They will be discussing the imbalances of our current R&D system in addressing the health needs of the global south, and how researchers can facilitate access to medicines starting from the lab. These panelists will be discussing experiences they've had with translating their research to effective treatments on the ground for diseases like Ebola, XDR-TB, malaria and Chagas. They will also be discussing the unmet needs, such as vaccines and diagnostics, that exist in the global south and how we at Einstein can address them.

Hope to see you there,

Einstein's chapters of Universities Allied for Essential Medicines (UAEM), For Here and For Haiti (A PIH Engage chapter), and Remedy