PREMEDINFO-L Archives

December 2016, Week 3

From:
Kemile A Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 2016 23:07:26 +0000

How to Write an Effective Personal Statement

This workshop will teach you how to write an effective personal statement for your medical school applications. The workshop will review the reasons why the personal statement is an important aspect of the AMCAS application, and why you need to devote your time to planning, writing, and editing the statement well in advance of the AMCAS due date. The workshop will also show you how you can best present yourself to the medical admissions staff through your writing. We will review tips for what to avoid in the personal statement as well as tips for what to definitely include. We will also provide examples of well written personal statements and specifically cover how to format your essay and include it in the AMCAS.

Event Begins:

11 Jan 2017 01:00 PM ET

Event Ends:

11 Jan 2017 03:00 PM ET