PREMEDINFO-L Archives

December 2006, Week 2

From:
"L.Wood-Hill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L.Wood-Hill
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2006 15:13:56 -0500
MCAT registration for April and May 2007 will begin on December 27th, 2006!

AAMC's message:

Dear Advisors,

My attention the last few days has been consumed by issues with the
registration software, although I also followed your comments about the
change in MCAT registration opening time. A fix for the problems the
incredibly complex registration and scheduling software experienced in its
last outing on November 13, duplicate payments and time-outs among them, was
attempted this weekend. It was not successful.

The problems that were manageable on an individual basis with the small
number of January registrants would be intolerable with the increased number
of examinees that we anticipate for the April and May MCAT administrations.
Because a failure in the registration system would have a far greater impact
on examinees than a registration schedule change, we are moving the
registration opening date for the April and May MCAT administrations to
December 27. In addition, this new date should also relieve the conflict
with final exams about which you have concerns.

Therefore, we intend to open the April and May dates December 27, "on or
about 9 am, Eastern time." To further clarify, we expect to open promptly at
9:00, but we say "on or about" because our technical team is testing the
system until the moment we open. If they detect any problems, we will wait
to open until they correct any issues they find. This approach is typical
for most software roll outs, not just for AAMC systems.

L. Wood-Hill

Director, Prehealth Professions Programs

Hunter College

E812

NY, NY 10021

212-772-5244