PREMEDINFO-L Archives

February 2018, Week 4

From:
Kemile A Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2018 21:48:51 +0000

ADEA GoDental Newsletter | February 2018 | Excited about ADEA GoDental<http://iz4.me/3lKb4zWaGgd1>? Tweet About It<http://iz4.me/6lKb4zWaGgd1>!

[https://www.informz.net/ADEA/data/images/GoDental%20Newsletter/adea-godental-newsletter-header650px.png?cb=313979&cb=555925]<http://iz4.me/BlKb4zWaGgd1>

ADEA GoDental Newsletter | Motivation and Support

Webinar: Creating a Great Personal Statement

[https://www.informz.net/ADEA/data/images/GoDental%20Newsletter/Feb%202018/Webinar_AdobeStock_78087196_edited.jpg?cb=375996]<http://iz4.me/GlKb4zWaGgd1>

The personal statement is a vital part of the application process. It helps admissions representatives understand who you are, your unique experiences and about your unique interest in pursuing a career within the health professions.

On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 | 2:30−3:30 p.m. (Eastern Time), the American Dental Education Association (ADEA), American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) and the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) are pleased to present Creating a Great Personal Statement<http://iz4.me/HlKb4zWaGgd1>—a webinar tailored to individuals interested in applying to any health professions education program. Join us! Featured presentations by admissions officers and health professions advisors will provide tips and suggestions on how to craft a well-written personal statement to showcase your unique identity. A Q&A session will follow.

[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]

[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]

Register Now <http://iz4.me/IlKb4zWaGgd1>

[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]

[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]

[https://www.informz.net/ADEA/data/images/GoDental%20Newsletter/Feb%202018/ADEA_2018GoDentalRecruitment_FB_edited.jpg?cb=722223]<http://iz4.me/JlKb4zWaGgd1>

Register by February 23 to WIN!

Register for the 2018 ADEA GoDental Recruitment Event<http://iz4.me/KlKb4zWaGgd1> by February 23 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time to be entered to win a free ADEA AADSAS® initial dental school designation—a $245 value! The winner will be notified by Tuesday, February 27 and must attend the ADEA GoDental Recruitment Event in Orlando, FL on March 17 to claim the prize. This is the opportunity for students interested in dentistry to meet with admissions officers from 50 (of 66) U.S. dental schools in one location.

NEW for 2018! Bring your sleuthing skills and participate in our scavenger hunt for the chance to win great prizes onsite during the event. See you in Orlando on March 17!

Register Now <http://iz4.me/LlKb4zWaGgd1>

[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]

[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]

[https://images.informz.net/Static/spacer-long.png]

[https://www.informz.net/ADEA/data/images/GoDental%20Newsletter/Feb%202018/ADEA_2018GoDentalTopJobs_FB_05_edited.jpg?cb=512458]<http://iz4.me/MlKb4zWaGgd1>

It's Official: Dental Professions Have "the Sauce"!

For the fourth consecutive year, the U.S. News & World Report<http://iz4.me/NlKb4zWaGgd1> listed professions in dentistry among its top jobs. Featured within the “100 Best Jobs”<http://iz4.me/OlKb4zWaGgd1> list of 2018, Dentist is #2, Orthodontist is #5, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon ties for #8, Prosthodontist is #16, Dental Hygienist is #17 and Dental Assistant is #98.

Learn More <http://iz4.me/PlKb4zWaGgd1>

[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]

[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]

[https://www.informz.net/ADEA/data/images/GoDental%20Newsletter/Feb%202018/Paul-Garrard-video_Financing-Tips_edited.jpg?cb=868779]<http://iz4.me/QlKb4zWaGgd1>

NEW Video: Tips for Financing Your Dental Education

If you’ve been thinking about how to pay for dental school or need help getting started, Paul Garrard, M.B.A., ADEA Financial Aid Consultant, has important answers for you! ADEA’s NEW video, Tips for Financing Your Dental Education, highlights the important questions you should ask yourself as you financially prepare for your future in dental school.

Watch Now <http://iz4.me/RlKb4zWaGgd1>

[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]

[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]

[https://images.informz.net/Static/spacer-long.png]

[https://www.informz.net/ADEA/data/images/GoDental%20Newsletter/Feb%202018/Tip-of-the-Month_SeptNews.jpg?cb=860515]<http://iz4.me/SlKb4zWaGgd1>

Tomorrow Belongs to Those Who Prepare for it Today

Make an appointment to see your health professions advisor soon to start preparing for the 2019 ADEA AADSAS® (American Dental Education Association Associated American Dental Schools Application Service) application cycle opening June 5. Your advisor can provide a wealth of information to help you successfully complete the ADEA AADSAS application.

Get Prepared <http://iz4.me/TlKb4zWaGgd1>

[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]

[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]

Pathways to Success

[https://www.informz.net/ADEA/data/images/GoDental%20Newsletter/Feb%202018/HaudleyMarlinda_edited.jpg?cb=854727]<http://iz4.me/UlKb4zWaGgd1>

Marlinda Haudley became inspired to enter dental care through her strong desire to give back to her Native American community. The combination of participating in the Summer Health Professions Education Program (SHPEP) and meeting a woman dentist from the same Navajo reservation where she grew up solidified this predent’s path to dentistry.

Read More <http://iz4.me/VlKb4zWaGgd1>

[https://www.informz.net/ADEA/data/images/GoDental%20Newsletter/Feb%202018/DSE_horizontal_tablet_image_edited.jpg?cb=921731]<http://iz4.me/WlKb4zWaGgd1>

The ADEA Dental School Explorer<http://iz4.me/XlKb4zWaGgd1>, a new online resource based on the ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools<http://iz4.me/alKb4zWaGgd1>, has the information you need to make the application process a breeze. Use your laptop, tablet or smartphone to gain access to the profiles of all 76 U.S. and Canadian dental schools! Search by key word and filter by institution type, targeted entering-class size, DAT Total Science score (mean), Science GPA (mean) and location (state, territory or province). A one-year subscription to the ADEA Dental School Explorer is available for $25.

Purchase Today <http://iz4.me/blKb4zWaGgd1>

[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]

[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]

[https://images.informz.net/Static/spacer-long.png]

[https://www.informz.net/ADEA/data/images/GoDental%20Newsletter/Feb%202018/flag_edited_gray.jpg?cb=594879]<http://iz4.me/clKb4zWaGgd1>

ADEA Advocacy: Learn about federal and state policies impacting dental education and dental and craniofacial research. Subscribe to ADEA’s monthly Washington Update and State Update plus Action Alerts. Follow @ADEAAGR<http://iz4.me/dlKb4zWaGgd1> for daily updates.

Learn More <http://iz4.me/elKb4zWaGgd1>

[Informz]<http://iz4.me/mlKb4zWaGgd1>

[http://iz4.me/GBrdzWaGgd1z2]