PREMEDINFO-L Archives

September 2015, Week 4

From:
Kemile A Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 2015 21:51:19 +0000

"We are currently recruiting volunteers who are fluent in English and Mandarin and/or English and Cantonese to be Chinese Language Patient Navigators at New York Methodist Hospital. This program is run by our Asian Health Institute which aims to provide high quality medical services to the Chinese speaking residents of the greater New York area. Our Chinese Language Patient Navigators help bridge the communication gap between Chinese speaking patients and members of the staff throughout the hospital.

Experience in medical interpretation and written Chinese is a desirable, but not required.

Placements are available seven days a week.
For more information, please visit our website NYM.org and search for "volunteers."

Jessica K. Miller, MA
Program Manager
Educational & Volunteer Resources
New York Methodist Hospital