PREMEDINFO-L Archives

December 2006, Week 2

From:
"L.Wood-Hill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L.Wood-Hill
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 10:33:25 -0500
I love this program!  Charlottesville is the best place to be for six weeks
in the summer.  Rising freshmen and sophomores interested should apply
immediately

RE: APPLICATION INFORMATION FOR UVA SMDEP 2007 (formerly Medical Academic
Advancement Program, MAAP).

We desperately need your help and would be deeply grateful if you could
bring to the attention of your premed students the opportunities that the
new UVA Summer Medical and Dental Education Program (UVA SMDEP) offers.
Please note that UVA SMDEP, unlike MAAP, is open only to freshmen and
sophomore premed students.
For a more detailed description of UVA SMDEP, please refer your freshmen and
sophomore premed students to our homepage on the web, which contains the
application and other information. Our address is as follows:
http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/academic-support

Our website also has a copy of the manual, "A Road MAAP to the Medical
Promised Land: An Advising Manual." We believe your premed students can
benefit greatly from the information in the manual.

Please encourage your students to go on-line and read all of the
instructions carefully before completing the application. I strongly
recommend that they apply as soon as possible since our admission is on a
rolling basis. We have already started admitting students from December
2006.

I will also be very interested to come and speak to your pre-med students if
I am invited (I will pay my travel expenses for my visit).

I deeply appreciate your invaluable assistance and partnership with us in
this very important endeavor. I wish you God's blessings and the very best.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call me at
434-982-1867 or e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Take care,
Sincerely,

Moses

Moses K.A. Woode, Ph.D., D.I.C., FAIC
Associate Dean for Student Academic Support and Strategic Programs
Professor of Medical Education
UVA SMDEP Director

PH: (434) 982-1867
FAX: (434) 982-1917
E-MAIL: [log in to unmask]
WEB PAGE: http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/internet/academic-support/

University of Virginia School of Medicine
PO Box 800446
Charlottesville, VA  22908-0446