PREMEDINFO-L Archives

October 2014, Week 3

From:
Kemile A Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2014 19:25:40 +0000

Seeking a volunteer to work in Pediatric Clinic at New York Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical Center.

Details: Our unit promotes monthly educational themes (ie- Staying Germ-Free during Flu Season, Healthy Eating Habits, learning about Asthma Triggers, etc.) Different teaching points are rolled out across our disciplines.  In order to reinforce the themes, we oftentimes have activities and educational opportunities in the waiting area.  We are looking for dedicated volunteers to help us with some of these waiting room activities. No prior knowledge necessary, activities will be provided to volunteers, although creative suggestions and involvement in altering activities is welcome!

Hour Requirement:
*          Total hospital requirement is 150 Hours over the course of your volunteerism.
*          Volunteer shifts are from 9:00-1:00 or 1:00-5:00
*          We are looking to cover Monday-Friday, so volunteers can sign on for one shift, or several, depending on candidate availability.
How to Apply: Contact Marissa Waithe at [log in to unmask]<https://mail.hunter.cuny.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=4fkNddBCpUekKmBseFop2fZ7fqEywNEIRfub37phFH0i3SPCYyc7D3EqlSKdZz92WpjEkjOSFXU.&URL=mailto%3amaw2038%40med.cornell.edu> to set up an appointment.