PREMEDINFO-L Archives

March 2015, Week 2

From:
Kemile A Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 2015 17:40:28 +0000

The Office of Diversity and Multicultural Affairs at Columbia University, College of Physicians & Surgeons is sponsoring the 37th Annual Multicultural Recruitment Day Conference entitled "Medical School: Keys to Unlocking a Career in Medicine". The purpose of this annual conference is to provide underrepresented and disadvantaged premedical high school, undergraduate, and postgraduate students with pertinent information about medical school.  Each year, we have over 300 students in attendance. Admission to the conference is FREE and lunch will be provided.

Through a series of workshops and a keynote address, conference participants will become informed about:

  *   Medical School Admissions
  *   Financial Aid
  *   Transition to Medical School
  *   Other Related Topics
The program will take place on Saturday, April 18,  2015  from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. in the Alumni Auditorium on the 1st floor of the Black Building. The Auditorium is located at 650 West 168th Street at Ft. Washington Avenue in Manhattan. A campus map can be accessed at: http://www.cumc.columbia.edu/about/cumc_map.html

For more information and to register, please visit our website at http://ps.columbia.edu/education/student-life/office-diversity/programs/recent-college-graduates/multicultural-recruitment- .  Interested participants must register for the conference by March 20, 2015.

Please make this information available to your students. Should you or your students have questions, please e-mail [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or call our office at (212) 305-4157.