PREMEDINFO-L Archives

November 2007, Week 3

From:
"L.Wood-Hill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L.Wood-Hill
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:59:51 -0500

From: Jeff Koetje [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 3:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask];
[log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask];
[log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask];
[log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask];
[log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: FW: Invitation to the Mentoring in Medicine "Yes, I Can be a Health
Care Professional!" Conference

Hello All -

I'm sure many of you are already aware of the day-long premed conference
taking place in Harlem on Saturday, December 8, sponsored by Mentoring in
Medicine, a fairly new national nonprofit organization which focuses on
issues related to underrepresented minorities in the healthcare profession.
But some of you may not have heard of the organization or be aware that
there is a free conference on Saturday, Dec 8.

I recently spoke with Dr. Lynne Holden, one of the founders and directors of
the organization, who kindly has invited me to present during the workshop
sessions on the topic of medical school admissions and the MCAT.  She also
encouraged me to forward out the conference announcement to everyone who I
think would be interested.  Collectively, you all have direct communication,
through your listservs, with hundreds, if not thousands, of premed and
pre-health students who could benefit tremendously from the information and
resources that will be offered at the conference.  To be clear, this is NOT
a Kaplan event; this conference is a production of Mentoring in Medicine.

Please distibute the email and attachments as you see fit.  The registration
deadline for the conference is November 25.

Best,

Jeff Koetje, MD
Director of Graduate Health Programs
Metro Region