PREMEDINFO-L Archives

November 2015, Week 1

From:
Kemile A Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 2015 16:28:31 +0000

I am writing to inform you that the application for the Project Healthcare, NYU School of Medicine/Bellevue Hospital Center's summer-intensive internship is now open!

Project Healthcare, now in its 35th year, is designed to immerse undergraduates/recent graduates/post-baccalaureates in Bellevue Hospital Center and in the realities of the healthcare field. Throughout the ten week program participants rotate through clinical shifts in the Emergency Department (including the pediatric and psychiatric EDs), Operating Room, Cardiac Catheterization Lab, Social Work, ride on FDNY ambulances, participate in the hospital's most widely attended health fair, and work on a research project.

The program gives students a tremendous amount of patient and healthcare provider contact through shadowing, observing minor invasive procedures and trauma cases, and serving as patient advocates. We invite applications from motivated pre-health students and from students who are unsure of pursuing a healthcare career. Students must have completed at least one year of undergraduate coursework by the start of the program.

Interested students can learn more about the program and access the application at the below link:

http://www.med.nyu.edu/emergency/education/undergraduates/project-healthcare

Please be advised that the application requires submission of an online form, essay, CV, photo and two letters of recommendation. Out of our large applicant pool, we invite a portion to come to Bellevue Hospital for an in-person interview. We usually offer 3-4 interview days on weekends in March (around the time of most spring breaks). The application deadline is February 1, 2016.

If you have any questions about the program, feel free to contact me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Thank you,
Lauren O'Donnell

Lauren O'Donnell
Program Coordinator
PAVERS, Project Healthcare, and Research Internships
Research Division, Department Of Emergency Medicine
NYU School of Medicine
Phone: 212-562-3041 | Fax: 212-562-3001