PREMEDINFO-L Archives

July 2016, Week 2

From:
Kemile A Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 2016 20:32:29 +0000

From: Red Cross Hunter College [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

Sent: Monday, July 11, 2016 4:30 PM

Cc: Susan Jacobson

Subject: Breast health collab with Hunter ARC

Hey everyone,

We have an amazing opportunity that was brought to us.

Race for a Cure: Breast Cancer on Saturday, September 10th with Komen Greater NYC. (see attachment) You may also email Susan cc'd to this email if you have any other specific questions.

We will be filling all 25 spots of the Education Expo position as the majority of us are pre-health students.

Education Expo

Our job will be to assist the Komen staff of the breast health education program in teaching people simple steps they would need to know to take charge of their breast health. Volunteers may talk with participants about basic breast health knowledge, pass out educational gifts, or keep supplies stocked and organized.

You will get 7 hours for volunteering in this event!

Please use this link to register with the group:

Click on me!<http://www.komennyc.org/site/VolunteerMgmtUser?event_id=21861&job_id=21919&volunteermgmt.user=vm_event_details#jobdetailanchor>

Volunteer Check-In Tent, Bandshell Area

Central Park, South of 72nd Street Transverse (Mid-Park), New York, NY 10023 United States

And then complete some information on our form so we can build an attendance list. You will only be permitted to volunteer only if you complete the registration link above AND complete this form:

Click on me too!<http://goo.gl/forms/Prwcf6iwdVfppWsD3>

Let's shoot to have all spots filled by July 22nd (2 days after our next meeting)

Next meeting: Wednesday, July 20th 1:30-3:00pm W1007

--

Best,

Ryan A. Sankar

President of the American Red Cross at Hunter College