PREMEDINFO-L Archives

February 2010, Week 4

From:
"L.Wood-Hill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L.Wood-Hill
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:08:41 -0500

Multidisciplinary Conference on Health Literacy, Literacy Across the Health
Continuum -
   by the CUNY Institute for Health Equity

Wed., March 10, 3:00 - 8:00 PM
Thurs., March 11, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SEIU 32BJ Headquarters, 101 Avenue of the Americas, Manhattan
(SW corner of 6th Ave. and Grand St.; 1 block from the A, C, E, and 1 Canal
St. Stations)
The theme of the conference is health literacy across the health continuum:
multidisciplinary
perspectives.  The purpose of the conference is to bring together varied
disciplines from the
health and health care fields to gain a multidisciplinary perspective on the
growing importance
of health literacy, the current research and practice, and policy issues.
Additionally, we
would like to stimulate greater attention to the issues within our own
"backyard".  Thus far
there is some work in progress in the New York region, but with a university
system as large
as ours, in a city with as many major medical centers as we have, we need to
address the issue
in a more informed and integrated manner.  Therefore, it is our expectation
that a conference
with such highly-regarded experts will be the vehicle for moving the issue
forward and
enhancing the work currently in progress.
Sponsors: CUNY Institute for Health Equity, Aetna Foundation; Office of the
University Dean for
Health and Human Services, CUNY; and SEIU 32BJ
Please register and purchase tickets online by visiting the registration
website at:
http://multidisciplinaryconferenceonhealthliteracy.eventbrite.com
<http://multidisciplinaryconferenceonhealthliteracy.eventbrite.com/>
(note: there is no www. in the address).
All program information and ticket prices are listed on the registration
website.
For more information on the CUNY Institute for Health Equity (CIHE) and its
work,
visit  http://cunyhealthequity.org <http://cunyhealthequity.org/>  or call
Lillian Ruiz at 718-960-8674 or email

If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".