PREMEDINFO-L Archives

October 2007, Week 3

From:
"L.Wood-Hill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L.Wood-Hill
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2007 11:47:16 -0400
I have many African-American and Latino male students who I have yet to see
at one of these events!  Please, we have begun the mentoring program and I
want to get as many of you as possible involved in the mentoring process-we
have mentoring opportunities for you to mentor at the high school level and
here at Hunter we would like to assign you a mentor of your own.  All
students, of any race, are welcome but we are targeting students of
African-American or Latino heritage as our main goal.  Please join us
tomorrow to at least get a sense of what you may be missing!!!

L.Wood-Hill

Director, Prehealth Professions Programs

Hunter College of CUNY

695 Park Ave, E812

NY, NY 10021

212-772-5244

FAX: 212-772-5138

http://studentservices.hunter.cuny.edu/prehealth.htm

  _____

Subject: REMINDER: Reception 10/18: BMI welcomes new leadership team (4:00,
HN610)

A message from Dean Cantarella:

Please join us tomorrow, Thursday, October 18th, for a reception welcoming
Kaleefa Munroe and Keith Howard, the new leadership team for the Hunter
College Black Male Initiative, from 4 to 5:30 in Room 610 North (Psychology
conference room). We look forward to seeing you there. In order to plan it
would be helpful if you would let us know if you are attending by responding
to my assistant Josh Hill at [log in to unmask]

Kaleefa Munroe, a doctoral student in Sociology at the Graduate Center, has
been selected to be the Coordinator for the Black Male Initiative at Hunter
after an extensive search. She will be joined by Keith Howard, whom many of
you met when he did the stimulating Mentor Training a few weeks ago. Keith
will be here often to meet with mentors and mentees to facilitate that
effort. The number of students, faculty and administrators involved with BMI
has grown and we are proud of what we have done and are delighted to have
this team of very capable people who will take these efforts to the next
level of engagement and student success. For those who do not know BMI and
want to know more, this is a great opportunity to become more engaged.

See you tomorrow.

Best, Marcia Cantarella
Associate Dean

Thanks,

Joshua Hill
Assistant to Associate Dean Cantarella

School of Arts and Sciences
Hunter College
phone: (212) 772-5121
fax: (212) 772-5138

If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".