PREMEDINFO-L Archives

July 2006, Week 2

From:
"L.Wood-Hill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L.Wood-Hill
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2006 15:20:50 -0400
I have exciting news!  The medical school at Uni. Of Rochester is beginning
a program for sophomores!  They will accept sophomores into their medical
school class early and the MCAT will not be required.  Students must have a
GPA of 3.5 or better to apply.  You will have the option of spending the
summer at the medical school also, receiving a stipend and taking an
introduction to Human Anatomy course!  The program is designed, in
particular, for students historically underrepresented in medicine in the US
and/or who are economically disadvantaged as determined by national
financial aid standards.  Interested students should see me sometime over
the summer or early in the Fall.  You will need to have already completed at
least three semesters of college and two semesters of biology, chemistry or
physics as well as a year of math.  DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A 3.50
GPA.

L. Wood-Hill

Director, Prehealth Professions Programs

Hunter College

E812

NY, NY 10021

212-772-5244