PREMEDINFO-L Archives

April 2009, Week 1

From:
"L.Wood-Hill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L.Wood-Hill
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2009 13:55:24 -0400
FYI

From: Health Professions Advising Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Keith Bradley
Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 10:43 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [HLTHPROF] Chief Research Associate Positions Available: An
Unmitigated Advertisement

Colleagues
The Research Associates (RA) Program has grown such in the past year that we
now have two positions available for Chief Research Associates.  We are
looking for graduating seniors or post-bacs who have solid gpas and test
scores for whom a year of clinical research work will have a significant
impact on their application to medical school.

Chief RAs

*	work as the administrative assistants for the program
*	are responsible for day-to-day supervison of the RAs serving in the
emergency department as data collectors in our clinical research

*	this includes significant patient contact in the emergency
department

*	have direct involvement in all aspects of the research from study
initiation through publication

*	this includes work to associate authorship on a clinical paper.

*	participate in all research meetings

*	this includes presenting our work to the Institutional Review Board
and at regional and national meetings

*	assist in recruiting new RAs and their orientation to the program

*	this includes formal lecturing and direct bedside teaching

These are

*	one-year commitments of approximately twenty (20) hours per week
starting in mid-May and ending when medical school starts..
*	unfunded, except for grants

*	Chiefs will be a part of the grant-writing process, so they will
"sing for their supper"
*	in the past, Chiefs have routinely held other paying positions

So far, all of our Chiefs have matriculated to medical school, except one,
who went on to a PhD program in clinical research.

Details on the website:  www.RAProgram.org.

If you know someone who might fit the bill as one of our Chiefs, please have
them contact me at this e-mail address.

By the way, we have received more applications for this summer's RA semester
than in any other year.  There are still slots available, but it's "first
come, first serve" until positions are filled.  Again, details at
www.RAProgram.org.

Thanks for your help in sending your good students on to our clinical
research program..

--
All the best.

Keith
Keith Bradley, MD
Director, Research Associates Program
www.RAProgram.org
(203) 374-2906 (w)
(203) 767-6363 (c)

If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".