PREMEDINFO-L Archives

May 2015, Week 3

From:
Kemile A Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 May 2015 18:42:32 +0000

Dear premed, Pre-Health, and Postbacc,

This is a reminder that the Sinai Research Associates application is still open and will be closing on May 31st. Click here to apply  https://sites.google.com/site/sinaiassociatesed/my-forms

The Sinai Research Associates program is a clinical research assistant program in the emergency departments of Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai St. Luke's Hospital, and Mount Sinai Roosevelt Hospital.  Sinai Research Associates (SRAs) assist the emergency departments in ongoing research projects in an effort to bring greater precision to emergency medicine and improve the quality of care. Each research project focuses on a different aspect of patient care and may include clinical trials, patient and physician survey studies, observational studies, and practice-pattern studies.

SRAs work in our emergency departments with the clinical staff (physicians, nurses, etc.). Through a computerized patient organization system, SRAs identify patients who are potential study participants or whose presence generates a study opportunity. Once these patients are identified, the SRA completes the patient consent process, executes survey questions, collects data from physicians and/or medical charts, and informs physicians of the study eligibility. Specific details of the role are explained in our orientation sessions.

Opportunities for high-level involvement in individual research projects are occasionally available to motivated, reliable, and interested SRAs. Observation of emergency department procedures, resuscitations, and general care is an integrated part of the experience, and in some cases required for the execution of a research enrollment. Dr. David Newman and Dr. Joshua Quaas direct the Sinai Research Associates program.

We are looking forward to reading the applications and are available if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Maia