PREMEDINFO-L Archives

November 2017, Week 3

From:
Kemile A Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2017 19:40:24 +0000
Health Career Connection (HCC) is an organization that places students in paid summer internship experiences with a variety of public health organizations, granting the opportunity to learn about public health and the promotion of health equity in underserved communities. This internship is a wonderful opportunity for those interested in medicine and the public health field. HCC is committed to increasing representation of all racial and ethnic groups in the health professions. Students of color, first-generation students and those of economically challenged backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. The application is open now until December 20th, 2017.  The application can be found here: Summer 2018  Intern Application<https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/44203-Health-Career-Connection>

Through partnerships with local organizations, HCC provides paid, full-time summer internships in a variety of settings including but not limited to: hospitals, community health centers, medical groups, health plans, local health departments, community based organizations and advocacy groups. Internship experiences range from projects in health administration, health and community advocacy, and health information systems and technology.

I'm wondering if you are interested in forwarding the details of this opportunity along to those that may be interested within your networks?  I've attached a couple flyers to this email, which contain more details about the internship and application.  There are also some upcoming webinar dates, which can be found at the following link: http://www.healthcareers.org/applicant-webinar/.  Webinars will provide more information about the internship program (dates throughout November and December).

Please let me know if you have questions, or if I can help with advertisement of this opportunity further. If you are interested in having an in person presentation, or a targeted webinar for your students, please let me know as well and we will try and offer support.

Thank you,

Angel Alvarez

California Special Initiatives &

Central Valley Program Coordinator