PREMEDINFO-L Archives

September 2017, Week 3

From:
Kemile A Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2017 15:01:27 +0000

To all Hunter College Students,

        Think you’re an observer, intellectual thinker, or creative mind that sees things others don’t? Do you have a knack for creative writing or psychology related fields? Then come join Hunter College’s Psychology Newsletter, which seeks writers, editors, artists like you. Psychology Newsletter is the school’s official newsletter, giving students an opportunity to express their interests within many topics throughout the field. Whether you like biopsychology, neuroscience, clinical psychology, developmental psychology, or many other subtopics within psychology, we want to know what speaks to you.

       We are currently looking for editors, an interviewer (who would be interviewing i.e. professors, psych professionals etc...), and an artist that could help make us a beautiful cover, and put some awesome psych inspired art into the publication! Being a part of the Psychology Newsletter looks amazing on your CV and it looks amazing for grad school as well!

There are limited spots for these positions so please let respond by Tuesday September 19th 1:30pm!

Please respond to this email letting us know what position you are interested in -

If you want to apply to be an Editor or Interviewer -

·  You must know APA format

·  Please send us a little bio about yourself

  *   Send us a resume to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

If you want to apply to be an artist for the publication -

·  Send us some of your artwork

·  Send us a little bio about yourself as well to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

We will have conference interviews/skype interviews following up your application if we see that you're a strong candidate.

If you want to write for the publication - (please let us know if you're interested as soon as you can - we are going to finalize deadlines soon)

Knowledge of APA-format is preferred. Corresponding deadlines will be set for three drafts so you don’t have to submit a piece all at once. Students do not have to be a Psychology major to write for us, just have an interest in the field, and be able to research a topic of choice. Most importantly, if you are a student who seeks to attend Graduate school or Medical School, being published in a newsletter would be a wonderful experience to add to your CV. We look forward to hearing from you, and seeing a vast array of imaginative thinkers. So if you'd like to be a writer please respond to this email expressing your interest! Thank you!

Kindly,

Psychology News Staff

Hunter Psychology News

Maria Agranovskiy, President