PREMEDINFO-L Archives

October 2016, Week 2

From:
Kemile A Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2016 15:31:53 +0000

Linkage 101 for Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program Students

 We are inviting those of you who qualify to attend an information session in which we will provide details about our linkage programs and their application requirements. Please note that this Linkage Workshop is only for Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program students who are completing the requirements in the final year of the program. Qualified applicants must be nominated by the Pre-Health Office and must have a minimum Hunter Post-Baccalaureate GPA of 3.6. Some of our linkage programs also have a minimum undergraduate GPA requirement but qualification for others are much more dependent on the Hunter Post-Baccalaureate GPA. Successful linkage candidates must also have significant research experience and should plan to take the MCAT no later than April of 2017. All required coursework, including labs, must also be completed by the end of the Fall 2016 semester.

The workshop will cover specific requirements for the individual institutions, including deadlines, GPA cutoffs, AMCAS and MCAT preparation, and timelines for each of the schools: Cornell, Hofstra, New York University, and Stony Brook medical schools. This is the perfect opportunity to have your questions answered.

Each of these institutions also allows prospective candidates to visit their campuses. Please check Blackboard for invitation notices and associated deadlines for these campus visits.

THIS WORKSHOP IS MANDATORY FOR STUDENTS HOPING TO APPLY VIA LINKAGE IN THE 2017 CYCLE. This may be the only linkage workshop for this application cycle so please make every effort to attend.

Event Begins:

13 Oct 2016 05:30 PM ET

Event Ends:

13 Oct 2016 06:30 PM ET

Location:

Thomas Hunter, Room 414

Address:

4th floor

 RSVP- Check your Hunter email or Blackboard account to RSVP