PREMEDINFO-L Archives

April 2016, Week 4

From:
Kemile A Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2016 18:32:23 +0000

Hey Pre-Dents,

This is a correction email!!

THE FOLLOWING IS THE ELIGIBILITY TO RUN – In order to hold the offices of President, Vice President, Secretary or Treasurer, undergraduate students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above, and must be registered for at least six (6) credits. Graduate students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above, and must be registered for at least three (3) credits.

Those who are interested in running, 2016-2017 E-Board positions will begin in the Fall Semester of 2016 and end in the Spring Semester of 2017. Any matriculated Hunter College Student may run (Undergraduates & Post-Baccs).

Please remember that all officers must be active members. The CUNY Hunter PDS does not retain the right to inquire about a members' GPA, however, this will be enforced confidentially in conjunction with the Pre-Health Advisory Board and Hunter College upon notification of the members desire to run for office.

Attached is a copy of a platform speech from last year, and our constitution. Check out our constitution for the list of all the positions and their responsibilities.

We are still accepting platform speeches until Wednesday, April 27th in a separate email sent to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> which includes:

-Include a recent photo of yourself

-Full name

-Year in College

-Major

-What made you choose dentistry

-Dental experiences

-Strengths and weaknesses

-Hobbies

-How did you learn about the PDS

-How did you benefit thus far from being apart of the PDS

-Position you are running for on the PDS

-What can you bring to the PDS as an E-board member

-Any unique ideas for the PDS and goals that you plan to accomplish as an E-board member.

-Anything else that you feel we should know about you

-A quote, book, movie or object that describes you

Guidelines:

-Single spaced

-12pt & Times New Roman

-PDF format

Regards,

PDS e-board.

[http://i49.tinypic.com/zpaqh.jpg]

Visit our Website<http://huntercollegepredentalsociety.shutterfly.com/>

Like us on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pds.hunter>

Follow us on Twitter<https://twitter.com/pds_hunter>

"I've been to the dentist several times so I know the drill. ~Unknown

If you would like to unsubscribe from our listserv, please respond with 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.