STUDENTCAUCUS-L Archives

May 2004, Week 3

STUDENTCAUCUS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Charles Davi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Davi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2004 15:45:56 -0400
 To the Student Caucus:

 For those who don’t know me, my name is Charles Davi, and I am running for Vice Chair of the Hunter College Senate. Since you should all know something about me before making a decision concerning my candidacy for the position, I felt it appropriate to tell you about myself. I am a Thomas Hunter Honors and Computer Science major, a National Science Foundation Scholar, and a member of the Sigma Xi scientific research society. Even though this, my junior year, was by far my most hectic and stressful year at Hunter, I have not missed a single meeting since I joined the Senate, and have participated regularly. Next year, my schedule is open, and I plan on devoting all of my free time to the business of the senate.

One of my main goals as Vice Chair would be to increase the number of student senators by going to the college’s departments in person, meeting with potential senators, and explaining what it is that the Senate does to anyone who may be interested.  I am very serious about getting the student body more involved in the decisions that affect our education.

In closing, I am a serious student, a self starter, extremely vocal, and I have no problem with, and in fact, enjoy taking on large responsibilities.

Charles Davi