STUDENTCAUCUS-L Archives

March 2003, Week 4

STUDENTCAUCUS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Jillian Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jillian Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 08:08:29 -0500
At 11:18 PM 3/24/2003 -0500, Dan Jones wrote:
>There should not have to be such a SLAM! antagonism in this event. As far as
>I know this is a discussion on activism being organized by the Hunter Senate
>student caucus for the student body. The objective is for people who attend
>to hear all perspectives, share their own perspectives, and learn from each
>other. While discussing perspectives on activism, it is not a debate on
>Hunter, USG, and the like. Am I thinking incorrectly?

Dan,
You changed the name of the thread -- it's much shorter and efficient! ;-)
I'm not sure whether you're saying there should be a SLAM presence, or
whether there should be a SLAM presence only if it is understood that there
will be no hostilities or debating.
The goal is to have a forum on Campus Activism. SLAM are the most visible
activists on campus. So they're on the list.
Having debate between activists on the panel is something we have to
discuss, and something I could only consider if we had a strong moderator.
Thoughts?
-Jillian

"Can it be that my fate as a novelist consists
in compromising all my heroes and heroines
in the eyes of well-bred people?"
-- Nikolai Gavrilovich Chernyshevsky, "What Is to Be Done?"
Jillian Murray
http://studentweb.hunter.cuny.edu/~murrayj