STUDENTCAUCUS-L Archives

October 2004, Week 1

STUDENTCAUCUS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
R K S Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 15:50:07 +0200
-------- Original Message --------
-----Original Message-----
From: MANISCALCO, ANTHONY [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 2:11 PM
Subject: Invitation: October 6 Reception at NY Historical Society

Dear Caucus CUNY Scholars:

Hello there.  Long time, however, I trust you are all doing well.

I am writing to invite all of you-and any friends, classmates, interested
parties-to a special event aimed at promoting political participation among
college students and others.  On Wednesday, October 6, 6PM, CUNY is
co-sponsoring a reception to inaugurate the publication of a "Voting Rights
& Citizenship" Calendar.  The calendar will provide details on the elections
and election history, with the intention of encouraging us to vote and
participate in this one and beyond.  I am pleased to report that one of your
Caucus CUNY colleagues, Roxanna Thomas, is a co-author of the calendar, so I
hope you come to support her and it.

The event will take place at the New York Historical Society (170 Central
Park West), again at 6 PM on October 6.  Many notables will be in attendance
including NYC Deputy Mayor Dennis Walcott, CUNY Chancellor Matthew
Goldstein, and others.

This event relates to the program in which you participated, and it will be
a nice occasion for us to see each other again.

I strongly encourage all of you to attend-and to tell your classmates,
friends, and others who care about participation in government.

You & your guests can RSVP by calling me (number below) or Ms. Luz Jimenez
at (212) 794-5324.  If you are unable to RSVP, then don't worry...Just bring
ID!

I hope I will see you all there.

Best Wishes,

Tony