STUDENTCAUCUS-L Archives

September 2003, Week 2

STUDENTCAUCUS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Jillian Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jillian Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 21:10:00 -0400

Hello new members and old,

As you know, Runako Taylor is beginning to get the Student Caucus up and
running for the new semester. I encourage each of you to participate to
your fullest -- change is happening: we've put pressure on the
administration to get a new contract for the cafeteria services, and
restored at least some free printing to the computer labs. Let's not lose
momentum!
The Student Caucus starts with an idea, best tossed out to the listserv.
Then we can brainstorm and start finding the right administrative routes to
work on the project. Remember, you're only talking to your peers -- so
don't worry if your thoughts are incomplete or uncertain. Without ideas to
work on, the Student Caucus just becomes another coffee-guzzling club like
the rest of 'em.

Runako is going to have my old office (1043HE) and will be maintaining this
listserv and the Caucus website. He'll be everything I was, but better and
with less cigarettes.

As for me, I've graduated and picked up a job teaching Latin in a middle
school in northern NJ. I'm living in Manhattan, the Upper East Side
(Yorkville), so y'all might catch me on the 6 train one of these afternoons.

Best of luck with the new semester!
-Jillian