HCJ-L Archives

April 2007

HCJ-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Simone Delgado <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2007 22:52:32 -0400
Steve,

This ( below) is my answer to one of your questions.
Don't miss the videos.

Thoughts??

Chat The Planet Launches Hometown Baghdad

Chat the Planet, a global dialogue company that connects young people
from around the world via the Internet, along with local filmmakers
in Baghdad, Iraq have come together to create a fascinating,
insightful documentary web series entitled Hometown Baghdad. The
short installments follow the lives of young Iraqi men and women who
are trying to survive in Baghdad during the invasion and occupation
by U.S. forces.

New York based producer Laurie Meadoff writes, "...After four years
of war, we still know next to nothing about normal Iraqis. The life
of the everyday Iraqi is the great-untold story of this war. And
[Hometown Baghdad] will hopefully change that. If enough people in
America see this, it could potentially affect in its own small way
the way Americans see the Middle East."

In order for this series to reach as broad an audience as possible,
Chat the Planet and the filmmakers are distributing it for free via
the Internet. V-Day encourages you all to not only watch these short
episodes, but to forward them on to friends and family.

http://hometownbaghdad.com/2007/03/18/first-3-webisodes-of-hometown-
baghdad/

Simone Delgado