NFS-L Archives

July 2012

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2012 15:21:56 +0000
This just in from Public Health Nutrition MPH alumna Arlen Zamula:

Earn money and have fun while making a difference! Apply to become a Play Coach
for Asphalt Green!

Asphalt Green is a non-profit sports and fitness complex on the Upper East Side of
Manhattan. We are presently looking for friendly experienced coaches to staff our Recess
Enhancement Program (REP) for the 2012-2013 school year. REP is a unique community
partnership currently implemented in NYC public elementary schools across Manhattan,
Brooklyn, the Bronx, and Queens.

Pay Rate: $15/hr

Play Coaches:
- Lead recess at elementary schools and teach kids new games!
- Help children resolve conflicts in positive ways!
- Attend weekly meetings to share strategies, learn and play new games!

Job Requirements:
- Must be available to work 10am-2pm Monday - Friday throughout the
academic year (September through June).
- Willing to travel to schools in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan and Queens.

Competitive candidates must be/have:
- Energetic, positive, dynamic and reliable!
- Experience working with youth in an athletic/large group setting.
- Enjoy playing sports and games!
- Experience in NYC public schools or work with at-risk youth is a plus.
- Leadership skills, independence and a passion for working with children.

How to Apply:

If you think you have what it takes to be a dedicated 2012-13 Play Coach please send a
cover letter and resume to [log in to unmask]

Please note: We will be conducting demonstration group interviews throughout July that
consist of teaching a recess game to other candidates. You will be selected based on your
cover letter and resume.

If you wish to unsubscribe from the NFS-L List, please send an E-mail to:
"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF NFS-L".