NFS-L Archives

October 2015

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 2015 19:54:24 +0000

[NYAM_Header.png]<http://support.nyam.org/site/R?i=iyhDYCk7f9WuNqqtqAQ83A>

[tom-colicchio.jpg]

[11-680x1006.jpg]

[1Lori_Silverbush_Black_White-Headshot.jpg]

We're pleased to announce a Q&A with Tom Colicchio and Lori Silverbush following the screening of the documentary A Place at the Table at the Academy's Eating Through Time Festival on October 17. Please join us as we bring together chefs, community activists, history buffs, and food enthusiasts in a daylong celebration of history, food, and health.

Also Featuring:

  *   Chef Jacques Pépin on food memories

  *   Cookbook author Bryant Terry in conversation on food, politics, and the power of culture

  *   “Healthy Kitchens, Healthy Lives” with the Culinary Institute of America and Harvard School of Public Health

  *   Talks by historians Ken Albala and Betty Fussell

  *   Panels on food and aging, technology, the law, and community health

  *   Workshops on topics from insects (with Nordic Food Lab) to food in space

Plus:

  *   Book signings

  *   Demonstrations

  *   Tastings

  *   Pop-up bookstore and marketplace

  *   Food trucks

  *   Performances

  *   Historic cookbooks on display in the Academy Library

  *   And more!

View the full schedule»<http://support.nyam.org/site/R?i=3kROuAR9AMQ_YSiCFIlqQA>

Buy Tickets»<http://support.nyam.org/site/R?i=4mRI_G_UCBiTjCxMMQbJzA>